In case you weren’t aware, this week (April 25 – 30th) is National Infertility Awareness Week. Obviously for us it’s a HUGE deal and even if you haven’t struggled with infertility, it should be a huge deal to you too! One in 8 couples experience infertility issues. One in 8! Yet fertility isn’t even taught in schools or even a required conversation at your annual check up! That is why you need to be your own advocate and #StartAsking! Start Asking is this year’s theme – it allows you to be part of the conversation about infertility and ask….
- Your doctor about YOUR reproductive Health
- Your family and friends for the support you may need
- Employers for insurance coverage (treatments are only covered in 15 states!)
- Lawmakers to support infertility legislation
- For understanding for those who experience infertility
Let’s get the conversation started!! It’s time to start talking about infertility!