We are SO excited to start our PUZZLE FUNDRAISER!!!
Everyone who donates to our adoption through this fundraiser becomes a permanent part of our adoption journey through a piece of our puzzle!
My sister painted this precious watercolor for us and we had the image printed on a 252 piece puzzle.
Each piece will represent someone who donated to help us on our journey!
Each puzzle piece represents a $25 donation.
You may want to be represented on 1 piece of our puzzle or many pieces! Your name will be written on the back of each piece that you represent.
Once the puzzle is finished it will be framed in a double sided glass frame and hung in our nursery. It will forever be a reminder of who was part of our journey with us!
To be a part of this fundraiser just click on our GoFundMe link, or the PayPal link (Both on the right side of our blog) or you can contact me directly! We are thankful beyond words for each and every one of you that takes part in this fundraiser!!!
Even if you aren’t able to donate, we would LOVE it if you could share!! We are SO excited to share in this journey with you!
Three posts in a week…I know, it’s a lot for this busy blogger and is probably why this one is one big pot of randomness! So here it goes…
I had my second surgery on April 20th. All went well with the surgery and we are just patiently (okay, not so patiently) waiting for the pathology reports to come back. The doctor said it didn’t look like a traditional polyp, it was more of a flap, but she’s not ruling polyps out. IF all is well with pathology (and I really truly think it will be), then my hope is to go back to the Czech Republic in June. My doctor has decided to start me on a lower dose of estrogen and slowly bump me up in hopes that I don’t develop any more polyps.
We’ve been presented with an amazing opportunity to share our story and raise infertility awareness…I can’t go into details yet, but it’s pretty cool! But before we can do so, said storytellers are looking for someone who is a surrogate or someone who is working with or getting ready to work with a surrogate. Is that you? Is that someone you know? If so, please contact me and possibly you can help!
We often get asked about what people can do to support us. We would love any support people are able to give us! Here are some ways to help
I’ve been meaning to share this for a while because although painfully truthful, it’s hysterical. Bill and I feel like someone based this video off of us…lol!
XOXO – Michelle & Bill
Come out and see us this Saturday in Tampa at the Resolve Walk of Hope! The Walk of Hope recognizes the many ways in which families are built, supports local support services and programs for the of women and men living with infertility, and raises public understanding of how the disease of infertility impacts families nationwide. For those of you that don’t know our story, my husband and I have struggled with infertility for many years and have now chosen to go down the path of adoption, so this organization is near and dear to our hearts! A portion of the sale from each of our cupcakes will go to Resolve, so come out, and enjoy some amazing cupcakes while helping out a great cause! If you want to take it one step further, you are more than welcome to join our team and walk with us – it’s a just a mile and you’ll be handsomely rewarded with cupcakes at the end 🙂 Contact me for details!
Good Morning All!
I don’t know about all of you, but I get horrible insomnia around a full moon – the upside? I FINALLY finished our Etsy shop! I’m still working on building out the “shop” side to our blog for the cupcakes, but one shop at a time, right? 🙂 For now, our Etsy shop sells wish bracelets (we hope to add more). We decided to do wish bracelets because OUR wish is to have a baby, so we thought we would try to make your wishes come true too!
The shop is bare bones right now, so excuse the “mess” lol. I got it up and running real quick after reading an article from salesforce on the important to these creative marketplaces. All proceeds go directly to our adoption fund and once we reach our goal, we will keep the shop open and donate a percentage of the proceeds to another family on their adoption journey!
If you are interested in purchasing the bracelets in bulk for your own fundraising purposes, please get in touch for bulk pricing.
xoxo – Michelle
So I’m super jazzed up (yes, I went there) about our cupcakes in a jar! We’ve been so blessed that we can use the proceeds from these cupcakes to go towards our adoption costs! It’s really a win-win. You get an adorable yet delicious portable cupcake and we are one step closer to our fundraising goal! Check out the cute cakes we made today! You’re hungry now, aren’t you? That’s okay – just get in touch and you can have your very own yummy snacks!
As many of you may already know, Bill and I have a photography business that we do on the side (www.mybphotos.com). For those of you that don’t know, ahem, we do photography, give us a call! 🙂 We photograph everything from babies to engagements to weddings and beyond!
Throughout the year we offer our very popular mini sessions. This fall we will be doing an exclusive series of mini sessions as an adoption fundraiser!
These sessions are great for family, maternity, children, couples, pets or even just yourself!
Just pick a date, and e-mail us for availability. These sessions fill up fast; so don’t hesitate to grab your date! We can’t wait to see you!
If you’re social, will you please help us? Spread the word by “sharing” this post across your social media and within your sphere of influence. Thank you so much!
Thank you for your love and support!
xoxo – Bill & Michelle
The first of our TWO fundraising yard sales was held on Saturday and it was a HUGE success! We had people donate stuff for a few months leading up to the sale. We finally got to the point where we felt like we were living in a hoarder’s house (minus the cats and garbage), so we decided it was time for our sale!
We blasted through our first fundraising goal! Here’s how we did it and how you can do it too:
- Get as much stuff as you possibly can. Have people donate like crazy. Ask for donations on your blog, on Facebook, Twitter, at work, at church, etc. We had so much stuff.
- Organize your donations as they come in! It will make it SOO much easier the day of when you are setting everything out!
- Make an eye-catching Craigslist ad. We even linked from our Craigslist ad to our blog so people could learn more about us and why we were raising money.
- Place items strategically near the curb for maximum visibility. We had a bedroom set, some retro chairs, and some other furniture we put near the curb. It all sold.
- Make bright and bold signs and put them on every street corner and in your neighborhood. You can’t have too many. We went the silly route on a few of our signs and we actually had people stop just because of our signs, AND they ended up buying!
- We had a big poster board sign out explaining that it was a fundraiser to help us adopt a child. Because of this, we had multiple people give donations and even come back with items from their own homes that we could use in our next sale…total strangers. We were blown away!
- We wore matching t-shirts, so it helped the shoppers identify us and know who to pay!
- We didn’t price ANYTHING. We accepted donations only – telling people to pay what they felt was fair and that no reasonable offer would be refused. For the most part this worked wonderfully! We had a few people offer some really lowball offers, but the people that paid more than double what we expected made of for this and far exceed the lowballers.
- This may sound silly, but don’t forget to eat and keep hydrated!
- We boxed the leftovers back up and will be holding another sale September 12th, at the city wide garage sale at the St Pete Beach Rec Center.
There are a few things we would have done differently that we will definitely be doing on September 12th!
- Set up a lemonade, soda, water, or coffee stand and possibly sell baked items. It was HOT, like heat stroke hot, on the day of our sale. It wouldn’t have made a TON of money, but it would have made some and would be a nice touch for all of our thirsty shoppers!
- Have help setting up and taking down! Bill and I seem to think we can do it all…lol..and after all we DID set up and take down by ourselves, but we were rushed and exhausted. It would also be smart to have a few extra “staff” (don’t forget the matching t-shirts) to help out at your sale.
Our yard sale was absolutely exhausting, but, thanks to our family and friends, it was absolutely worth it! We will be ready to go again on September 12th, so if you have some items you’d like to donate, just let us know 🙂
If I had to choose one word to describe our yard sale yesterday it would be AMAZING! I honestly don’t know where to start. Between the generosity of our friends and family that donated items to sell to the generosity of everyone that came out and purchased items we are truly humbled and so, so grateful! Thanks to YOU, we made our first fundraising goal! We had an AMAZING turnout, even though it was scorching hot out, from the time we “opened” to the time we “closed”. We were also AMAZED at the complete strangers (at least 5 different groups) that made a SECOND trip back to our yard sale with items from their own home to donate towards our next sale. Seeing selfless giving like that was awesome and being on the receiving end of that giving really, really touched our hearts! So we would like to give a huge THANK YOU to those that donated items, THANK YOU to those the purchased items, and THANK YOU to those that support us daily in your prayers and thoughts! We really couldn’t do any of this without each and every one of you!
Our Etsy store is ALMOST ready (our wish bracelets debuted at our yard sale!) and I can’t wait to share with your our top tips for having an AMAZING yard sale! So stayed tuned….. 🙂
Thank you again for your love and support!
xoxo – Michelle & Bill
We are getting closer and closer to our garage sale next month and we are starting to get really excited! We want to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone that has already donated and for those that have scheduled their pick up! We will be accepting donations for a few more weeks, so if you’d like to contribute, just get in touch and we’ll arrange a pick up!